Understanding the words of the Prophet Jeremiah positioned Daniel to receive understanding and the meaning of the vision! I pray that you will be positioned to receive much more in your life because of true prophecy! Positioned by Prophecy
Jeremiah 29:10-14 (NKJV) For thus says the Lord : After seventy years are completed at Babylon, I will visit you and perform My good word toward you, and cause you to return to this place. For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord , thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart. I will be found by you, says the Lord , and I will bring you back from your captivity; I will gather you from all the nations and from all the places where I have driven you, says the Lord , and I will bring you to the place from which I cause you to be carried away captive.
Daniel 9: 2 (AMP) “2 in the first year of his reign, I, Daniel, understood from the books the number of years which, according to the word of the Lord to Jeremiah the prophet, must pass before the desolations [which had been] pronounced on Jerusalem would end; and it was seventy years.”
This is what Daniel read, and understood
- The condition associated with the prophecy
- Timing – when had God set a time
- What needed to be done at the appointed time
- The promise attached to doing what needed to be done
- He sought to understand the words of the Prophet Jeremiah
- He had to believe the words of the Prophet Jeremiah were from God
- He had to believe that Jeremiah was a true prophet
- He had to have faith in what God had promised to do
- He had to believe in the power of prayer
What Daniel did not do
- He did not call for a prayer summit or conference
- He did not call the press, but he went into a place of prayer
- He did not consult with other men as to what needed to be done
There are hidden keys in the prayer of Daniel that add many dimensions to the Prophecy of Jeremiah
Daniel 9:20 (AMP) “While I was still speaking and praying, and confessing my sin and the sin of my people Israel, and presenting my supplication before the Lord my God in behalf of the holy mountain of my God,”
Daniel 9: 21 (AMP) “while I was still speaking in prayer and [d]extremely exhausted, the man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the earlier vision, came to me about the time of the evening sacrifice.”
- If Judah had hearkened to the prophet Jeremiah and repented there would have been a release of angels to help.
- God would have given them understanding
Apart from the few things I have stated above – This is one major thing that stands out – Jeremiah was speaking of far more than the Babylonian Captivity.
You will find this detailed in Daniel 9:24 – 27.
Understanding the words of the Prophet Jeremiah, getting into a place of prayer and fasting, and repentance – gave Daniel access to another level of understanding – God sent Gabriel
Daniel 9: 22 – 23 (AMP) “22 He instructed me and he talked with me and said, “O Daniel, I have now come to give you insight and wisdom and understanding. 23 At the beginning of your supplications, the command [to give you an answer] was issued, and I have come to tell you, for you are highly regarded and greatly beloved. Therefore consider the message and begin to understand the [meaning of the] vision.”
If this article has been a blessing to you,
- share it with someone
- leave a comment so others can know