- Matthew 13:44 (NKJV)“Again, the kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field, which a man found and hid; and for joy over it he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field.”
Count the cost
- Luke 14:28 (NKJV) “For which of you, intending to build a tower, does not sit down first and count the cost, whether he has enough to finish it “
If you believe in God at the level that you should, then your level of investment should measure up.
Romans 12:1 speaks of total investment – SOLD OUT / ALL IN.
- Romans 12:1-2 (NKJV) I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Forsake all to become
- Luke 14: 33 (NKJV) “So likewise, whoever of you does not forsake all that he has cannot be My disciple.”
Elisha sacrificed what he was using to plow and followed Elijah.
- 1 Kings 19:19-21 (NKJV) “So he departed from there, and found Elisha the son of Shaphat, who was plowing with twelve yoke of oxen before him, and he was with the twelfth. Then Elijah passed by him and threw his mantle on him. And he left the oxen and ran after Elijah, and said, “Please let me kiss my father and my mother, and then I will follow you.” And he said to him, “Go back again, for what have I done to you?” So Elisha turned back from him, and took a yoke of oxen and slaughtered them and boiled their flesh, using the oxen’s equipment, and gave it to the people, and they ate. Then he arose and followed Elijah, and became his servant.”
I have put my hand to the plow and I am not going back.
- Luke 9:57-62 (NKJV) “Now it happened as they journeyed on the road, that someone said to Him, “Lord, I will follow You wherever You go.” And Jesus said to him, “Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay His head.” Then He said to another, “Follow Me.” But he said, “Lord, let me first go and bury my father.” Jesus said to him, “Let the dead bury their own dead, but you go and preach the kingdom of God.” And another also said, “Lord, I will follow You, but let me first go and bid them farewell who are at my house.” But Jesus said to him, “No one, having put his hand to the plow, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.””
- Luke 14:26 (NKJV) “If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be My disciple.”
- Luke 14:27 (NKJV) “And whoever does not bear his cross and come after Me cannot be My disciple.”
#iampastorp #BlessedInAllThings #RaisingTheStandard #Invested